Anthony Leness, Managing Partner and Co-Founder at Lincoln Peak Capital
Anthony Leness's Bio:
Anthony Leness is Managing Partner and co-founder of Lincoln Peak Capital, a Boston based private investment firm focused exclusively on investing in asset management firms. Lincoln Peak Capital serves as a trusted institutional partner for entrepreneurial management teams who face ownership transition issues within their firms and wish to gain or retain their independence. Lincoln Peak Capital currently has minority equity investments in five asset management firms which collectively manage over $55 billion in assets.
Founded in 2008, Lincoln Peak Capital provides capital and expertise to enable a variety of ownership solutions, including succession-oriented or similar recapitalizations, management buyouts, and new firm formations in concert with experienced management teams. The principals of Lincoln Peak Capital have over 40 years combined investment experience and a track record of successful investments in over 29 asset management companies with over $2 billion in capital invested.
Our investment team has a proven track record of highly successful outcomes and unparalleled expertise in navigating the complexities of asset management transactions. As an experienced investor in the asset management industry, we understand the fundamental elements required for successful transactions and long term prosperity for all of the key constituents of an investment firm: its clients, employees, and partners.
Anthony Leness's previous work experience includes founding a financial technology firm, private equity investing at The Beacon Group, LLC and investment banking at Smith Barney, Inc. Anthony Leness is a member of the Board of Trustees of the Massachusetts Historical Society. Anthony Leness received a MBA from Harvard Business School and a BA from Hamilton College.
What we look for:
- Small to mid-sized asset management firms with outstanding management teams and strong core attributes
- Potential to align our interests with management teams through shared equity ownership and commitment to developing their business
- Equity investments of $10mm to $75mm with flexibility to make larger or smaller investments if appropriate
How we invest:
- Custom tailored investments to fit the attributes and goals of each firm and its principals
- Standalone investments; we do not seek to integrate or consolidate partner firms
- Preference for minority interests where management controls the majority of the equity
- Substantial autonomy for management supported by alignment of interests
- Flexible investment horizon allows for longer-term relationship
- Value-added relationship post transaction as a trusted institutional partner
Lincoln Peak Capital
177 Huntington Ave, 19th Floor
Boston, MA 02115
Anthony Leness's Experience:
Managing Partner and Co-Founder at Lincoln Peak CapitalJanuary 2009 - Present | Boston, MA
Managing Partner and Co-Founder of Lincoln Peak Capital, a long-term equity partner for high quality, investment management firms.
Anthony Leness's Education:
Harvard Business School1999 – 2001MBA
Hamilton College1990 – 1994BA
Anthony Leness's Interests & Activities:
History, Skiing, Surfing, Golf